Friday, January 8, 2010

Update.

Well, it's been a few days so I guess I'll give an update on everything that's going on. I got back to Chicago on Tuesday afternoon, and it was pretty annoying trying to get my luggage. The display board had my flight up, and then all of a sudden it disappeared, so there was a good 20 of us at least who were wandering around, trying to figure out where our luggage was supposed to come out. After a few phone calls to my dad and trying to see if it was updated on the internet and a lot of confusion, the board was finally updated and I was able to get my bag. I was pretty worried for a while, though!

It was nice once I actually got back on campus. I really don't like travelling to and from the airport. It's a pain in the butt. So when I actually got to my room, it was really nice to just relax and not have to worry about anything.

I was really skeptical about being back though, and I still am. I don't want this semester to be like the last one in any way. I am determined to be proactive and intentional about making my semester different. The past few days have been good, though. All of the new students are moved in, and they seem really nice. Especially the new girls on my floor - I think I'm going to like them. :)
-----

So this semester is going to be one full of A LOT of busyness and stress, but I'm going in with guns blazing. I have 18 credits, a women's ministry to head up, an internship to design, and other miscellaneous things to do. I'm really looking forward to seeing how God decides to work and reveal Himself in my life throughout this time. I also am beginning to have more of a direction with my life, and I'm so excited about that.

Let me explain a little bit more: over break, I began getting questions about what I want to do after graduation, since I only have 3 semesters left. For a while I had absolutely no idea, so I began to think of how I could possibly use my degree in Women's Ministry and Biblical Languages. Then it hit me: I love to write. (Hence, the blog). I really want to begin refining my skills, because once I graduate Moody, I'm looking at going to grad school for Journalism. What I would really like to do is write for a Christian publishing company after school. So in order to do that, I need to get my masters. I'm not sure exactly where I want to go, but what I do know is that I want to go somewhere totally different. I would love to end up somewhere where I don't know anyone at all, and I have to start completely fresh. That just sounds like a wonderful idea to me. :) I've been considering maybe somewhere in Dallas or Oregon. I still need to research schools obviously, but yeah.

Earlier I talked about designing an internship, and that relates to my desire to work for a publishing company. For the Women's Ministry major the internship is designed specifically for a church setting, but if I design it well enough I might be able to get approval from my advisor. Please be praying with me on this! I think it would be a great opportunity to do that internship because it would directly correlate with what I want to do after I graduate. If I got this internship it would also mean though that I wouldn't be at camp next summer, but that's a sacrifice I am willing to make in order to do what's best for my future. I guess we'll just have to see where God leads and directs, eh? :)

Anyway, I think that's enough of an update for now. I'm sure I'll have more to update about once classes begin. I'm gonna get back to my Systematic Theology reading now....

1 comment:

  1. Wow Bethany, I'm really proud of you. I think that the Masters in Journalism idea is a wonderful idea and a great direction to take your degree. What a neat ministry that would be!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, friends! Let me know you were here by writing a note, if you'd like! Love you all! :)