Sunday, January 31, 2010

Slipping Through My Fingertips.

Never have I felt such a strong desire to give God everything than this moment right now. I desire tosurrender my life to Him and allow Him to control what happens, so that He may be most glorified. I am not my own, but I am His. I am bought with His precious blood, and for that I am eternally grateful. In the end, it is His name that must be loved, worshipped, and glorified.

Who am I to think that I may control my own life? I am a depraved, sinful human being, and everything I touch turns to utter destruction and desolation. It is only through the power of Christ that I am here today, and that my life is not in shambles.

Because of this, I will let my life slip through - my dreams, my desires, my longings - slip through my hands, hands which until now have grasped those dreams so tightly so as not to let one be touched, not even by the God of the universe, who has such better plans for me than I have for myself.

Here I am, God - my open hands and open heart before You. Do what You will with me, so that You may be glorified through me. To You be the glory and honor and praise forever and ever, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog, friends! Let me know you were here by writing a note, if you'd like! Love you all! :)