Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Oh, the Possibilities.

Okay so... I haven't updated this in a while. This pertains to my internship this summer. I know that I talked before about the possibility of doing my internship here in Chicago, but I actually just got off the phone with a woman who works for Friendship Church in Minnesota, and it's looking like that's a good possibility! There would need to be a little tweaking on the requirements, but I don't think it'll be too much. I would be doing my internship in an 8-week period there, and would hopefully be living with the parents of a girl on my floor. Please be in prayer with me about this, as I am probably going to start looking at more options, just in case this one doesn't work out. It would definitely be wonderful if this church worked out, but I'm not exactly sure what's going to happen.

Now on to other things.... Oh man. It feels like forever since I've updated, even though it really hasn't been. Where do I begin? Well... It feels like I'm already drowning this semester, things have been so crazy. I had no idea that having 18 credits my Junior year would be this intense, but it really is. I'm excited to see what God does through everything though, and how he decides to use what I'm learning. I love all my classes, so that definitely makes things A LOT better.

As far as my personal life goes, things have been so great. I've been able to really connect with good friends, and spend as much time with them as I can in the midst of such a busy schedule. I've made new friends, deepened my relationships with old friends, and things have just been smooth for the most part! God has been so good. I even have had a smooth road for the most part in relation to the opposite sex! Haha. Without divulging much information, I went on a date this past weekend and we spent the majority of the weekend together, but after talking last night, this guy told me that he isn't sure yet what he wants, but he will let me know when he figures it out. So I figure that I'll just give him some space and let him sort through things. And I really feel like I'm okay with whatever the outcome is. If he wants to pursue something then I'm definitely not opposed to it, but if it's just a friendship thing, that's completely great too. I really have a heart to do what God wants for me, and I don't want to try and force things that aren't from Him.

God has really just given me a peace lately about my life and that He knows what He's doing. I may not completely understand it, but God always has and always will have the best plan for my life, and it's just up to me to trust Him. Today in chapel was such an encouragement toward that. We sang a song that I had never sung before, but it was simply amazing. It said:

Be the center of our lives
Be the place we fix our eyes
Be the center of our lives

And You're the center of the universe
Everything was made in You, Jesus
Breath of everything living thing
Everyone was made for you

You hold everything together
You hold everything together

---
That is SO convicting, and SO true. Jesus needs to be the center of my life. It shouldn't be an option. Yet, so many times I put my hopes and my desires in front of Him, instead of giving them up entirely to Him and letting Him deal with them as He wants. I just need to trust that He has everything under control, and He's not going to let me slip through His fingers. God is good and gracious, and He is the ultimate provider for everything I need. For example, I was just talking with the women's ministry leader at this church, and she talked about how they may not be able to pay me this summer because it's not even figured into their budget, but it's okay. I know that if it's what God wants me to do, He will provide. Even if I have to get support for the summer, I will do it.

Please continue to keep me in your prayers as I try to understand what God wants me to do this summer, and more importantly that I will trust Him with whatever direction He decides to take me in. Our God is so good, and I just want His will to be done. I have my own desires and my own plans, but ultimately it's his plans that really matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog, friends! Let me know you were here by writing a note, if you'd like! Love you all! :)