Thursday, September 3, 2009

No, no, no drama.

I know that I want to write, but even as I sit here with so many things running through my mind, I'm finding it hard to find the right words to say. Things have started out well here in Chicago. Even though I'm already feeling like I'm behind in my classes, I'm really loving them. It's great knowing that I won't be the only person I know in my classes because I've been here before.

I really am excited to see all the things that God has in store for me this year. I know that I grew a lot over the summer and I've been changed in so many different ways, and I'm excited to see what else God has to teach me. I know it won't be easy though, that's for sure. I know that there's always a lot of pain that comes along with being transformed more into His likeness, but I'm ready and willing to do what's necessary in order to grow.

I've also realized in the past few days why it's important to spend time with people who are in the same life situation as I am. Now I'm not saying it's bad to spend time with people who are younger... But at the same time, I feel as though they're not quite at the maturity level where there could be a deeper friendship. Now when I get older, I'm sure a couple years' age difference won't really matter... But right now it really does. And the reason is because we change so muchbetween the ages of 18 and 22. I'm only 20, so I know that I still have a lot of growing and changing to do, and I'm looking forward to it. However, I'm a completely different person than I was when I first started college.

My point in saying this is that I've tried to be friends with the freshmen. Really, I've tried. And I've been getting along with them for the most part... But there's something that just seems to be missing when I'm spending time with them and not my other friends who have had the same or more life experience as me. When I'm around these certain individuals, I feel as though I'm transported back into high school again, and that's not a good thing. Now I understand why the upperclassmen last year didn't really try and get to know all the freshmen and transfers. It's because it's a lot more difficult to be friends with people who aren't at the same place in life as you are, especially when they've just come out of high school.

I need to remember that the next time I'm tempted to hang out with a freshman, especially a freshman guy... Because there will definitely be nothing but drama if I allow that situation to take place. And I'm determined not to have any drama this year, so I'll be staying away from that. I've already had some drama, but I cut it off and I'm not going to allow it to happen again. It's just too ridiculous...

But anyway. Again, I'm really looking forward to seeing what God does this year. I'm excited to grow and go through situations where I know that He knows it's best for me. And while I would enjoy being in a relationship this year, I know that at least for the time being I'm not ready for one. I need to just wait and see where God leads. If a guy is interested in me then great, but if not... well, then that's perfectly okay too.

Philippians 4:11-13
Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
---

Oh and also, I'm going to be studying the book of Galatians for my quiet time, and I'll probably put up my writings on what hit me on here as well.

Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog, friends! Let me know you were here by writing a note, if you'd like! Love you all! :)