Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The Waiting Game.

I think I have to practice the art of patience during this time with my health. My doctors told me last week that I should expect a call from them to set up the tests early this week (which I expected to be yesterday, but didn't get a call). I'm really hoping they call today, but it may not happen. As I'm sitting here just waiting for my phone to ring, I'm realizing that this may be something that continues happening - especially if I have to get surgery. I know that I need to be patient and wait for them, but it's so hard to do when I'm so ready to get everything started.

It's very difficult knowing that I'm not in control. I can do as much as I can, but ultimately it's the responsibility of my two hospitals to be in communication with each other and for Mayo to get results and paperwork they need in order to schedule my endoscopy. It's so incredibly hard to wait on them. I know that Mayo is efficient and will do whatever they need to in order to get me in as soon as possible, but the waiting game is definitely rough. I keep having this fear that somehow I fell through the cracks and they forgot about me. When I actually sit and think about it I know this isn't the case, but it's easy to think that way when you don't know what's going to happen.

Anyway, those are just my thoughts for the day. Sitting around and waiting for a phone call is tough. I don't want to just sit at home, but I also don't want to be out and about and end up missing the call. Oy.

Your continued prayers for trust and peace are greatly appreciated! Thank you, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog, friends! Let me know you were here by writing a note, if you'd like! Love you all! :)