Sunday, February 10, 2013

Blessed.

I had a wonderful weekend with my beloved to celebrate Valentine's Day. I am so blessed to be married to this man. I know many people think Valentine's Day is silly, but I really enjoy it - if nothing else than to have an excuse to celebrate my marriage. We don't feel the need to celebrate on Valentine's Day, but I think it's important to take time out to spend time with one another.

We got an awesome deal from LivingSocial for a one-night stay in the Hotel Minneapolis, and for the most part we had a good experience. The room was fantastic, but unfortunately there was an event that lasted until 2:30 a.m. on the main level. We were on the third floor, but we could still clearly hear the music and the bass. We definitely couldn't sleep with all that noise! We called down to the front desk and unfortunately they were rude and didn't help us. Thankfully when we mentioned it at check-out the employee took the charges from our room service off because of the inconvenience. I think we would probably stay there again if we had the chance, but we'd ask for a room on a higher floor - I'm not sure if those events happen frequently or not.

Anyone who hasn't gone to The Melting Pot before should go. It's expensive (we had a gift card from our birthdays that we just now used), but it's so worth it. We're definitely thinking we want to save up the money and go every Valentine's Day. The food is awesome, and if you're wanting a romantic atmosphere, this is it. It was by far the best experience we've had in dining - we had a private table (Eric had them put rose petals on the table beforehand) and we were able to close a curtain and have an intimate meal without worrying about anyone else.

Like I said, it's expensive, but it's definitely worth it. Even just going with some friends - what a fun atmosphere to be in! Everyone there is so friendly and it's so unique to have the food cooked right at your table. I'm most certainly a fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog, friends! Let me know you were here by writing a note, if you'd like! Love you all! :)