Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Coffeeshop Blues.

So, I haven't talked about this yet to my blogger friends, but.... I can no longer drink coffee.

This is a very sad thing. I've been off of coffee for about 5 days now, and I may lose my mind. Going to Joe's (the campus coffee shop) is just depressing now, because all I really like are steamers, creme frappes, and sweet tea. Without coffee, everything is just too sweet. I want that espresso "edge" back in my drink.

And it's days like this -- cold, cloudy, and dreary -- where I would just love to curl up with a book and a nice, hot vanilla latte and look outside from my warm and comfy spot inside. Alas, I'm now stuck with hot chocolate and tea. Don't get me wrong, both of these can be decadent and flavorful, but it's just not the same as coffee. Too much of a sweet drink just makes my stomach sick (and unfortunately, coffee does the same thing. It just tastes better when I drink it).

That's all I really have.. I'll update on my progress of my coffee detox and the withdrawal period.... I know that I was addicted, but so far it hasn't been too difficult to stay away from it. We'll see how I feel once winter begins to creep closer and closer. It may very well be that coffee begins to be more and more desirable the colder it gets outside. What a lovely struggle THAT will be...

PS - It's highly ironic, but even though I can't drink coffee, I really want to decorate our kitchen with a coffee theme. We'll see how that one goes over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog, friends! Let me know you were here by writing a note, if you'd like! Love you all! :)