Monday, January 31, 2011

Me, Me, Me: A New Vision.

The more I look at other people's lives and how they spend their time, the more I'm beginning to realize just how narcissistic I am, and I don't like it. I'm so selfish so much of the time, wanting exactly what I want when I want it, and not accepting anything else. Who have I become? Do I really need to have my way all the time? Am I not willing to compromise what I want just a little for the sake and benefit of those around me?

As I've looked back on my posts, I've realized how much the majority of them are about me, or about the things/people in my life. I think I want to start a new trend with my blog. I would love to start contemplating things that I'm learning in my life that are more general. For example, there are SO many things that I could talk about from my Biblical Theology of Suffering class (don't worry, classmates... no specifics will be used, just general information and inquiries about the subjects. I won't be breaking any rules). I'm also learning SO much in my Monster Literature class, and I'm sure by the middle of the semester I'll have so much to talk about. There's also chapel, church, and other people's lives to talk about.

I really want to make it my goal not to talk about myself in this blog. I really want to do what my title suggests: quietly muse on the things of life. I want to write prayers in this blog, put song lyrics up, Scripture, etc. I don't want to make it about me anymore.

And this is a challenge to all of you who are regular readers: If I start to make my blog more about me and I begin sounding narcissistic, please confront me on this. I don't want to be like that, but sometimes I'm blind to it.

So here's to a fresh start, and a new outlook on my blog and hopefully in life. Maybe being less self-focused here will help me be less self-focused.. *points*... out there.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! Looking forward to reading what you have to say

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, friends! Let me know you were here by writing a note, if you'd like! Love you all! :)