Thursday, December 18, 2008

End of the Semester Thoughts

I'm thinking back on this semester and wondering, "Where in the world did the time go?" So many things happened, yet it all happened so fast. It's hard to believe that I am halfway through my sophomore year of college. Am I really that old? Am I really almost out of my teenage years? That doesn't seem quite right to me. I feel as if I'm just a little kid wandering around in a huge city, not really knowing what she's doing. And in a sense, I really am.

Being in Chicago has been intimidating, to say the very least. It was really hard to get used to at first. Now that I am actually used to the idea of living in the middle of downtown Chicago, the thought of being here brings excitement and wonder of what opportunities I'll find when I venture out next. Walking down Michigan Ave. has become one of the funniest parts of my days when I have the opportunity to go there. So many people taking pictures, gawking at the skyscrapers and being in awe of this large city. And here I am, watching them, laughing because I know that I live here and it really isn't that big of a deal anymore. Sure, it's still cool and every once in a while I feel the desire to take pictures. But I love how easy it is to pick out the tourists among the people who are actually from Chicago.

I think I like it here in Chicago. It was a really difficult switch from Spokane, but Chicago is a completely different experience, and I am loving every minute of it. Though I do and will always miss my friends in Washington, I know that God has me here in Chicago for a reason and a purpose. I do not know exactly what that is yet, but I'm excited to find out. He has me here for school (obviously), but I know that He wants to teach me so much more, and I can't wait to see what it is. It may be difficult as it has already started out to be, but that's okay. I know that He is growing me and shaping me to become more like Himself, and that thought is one of the most exciting thoughts of all.

Moody Bible Institute. What can I say about this wonderful school? The professors are amazing, the people are wonderful, and the atmosphere is awesome. I have learned and been challenged more here than ever before. It's so incredibly exciting. Of course I've had bumps in the road this semester with problems with people, and difficulties in my classes, but I count all these things blessings. Why? Because everything happens for a reason. God doesn't just let something happen in my life just because. He does it to grow me, to show me something. And He has definitely done just that this entire semester. I have gained friendships, and even lost friendships. But God is still good through it all. Even though I make mistake after mistake and I turn my back on Him so many times, He is still good and faithful, and will still love me regardless of what I do. What an incredible thought this is! I cannot believe just how amazing He is to me.

I'm excited to see what God has in store for me next semester. It is going to be a completely different one from this semester, and I have no idea what kinds of things I'll experience and go through. I'll have more difficult classes, there will be new girls on my floor, and I will have some friends come and some friends leave. Even my brother floor is completely changing next semester. My buddies are moving to different floors, or they're taking the semester off, or they're going to a completely different country (Jeremy... *grumble grumble*). While this is difficult, I know that God has other friends in store to come and for me to come in contact with, and I'm excited to meet them.

I'm excited to be growing so much in Christ this year, even though it has been a very difficult journey, and it still is. But God is faithful, and He will not abandon me. I love Him with my whole heart, and I long to serve Him with everything I have and everything I am. He saved my life, and the least I can do is live my life to praise and worship Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog, friends! Let me know you were here by writing a note, if you'd like! Love you all! :)